Patient Voice South is committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. Should we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified when using this website, you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement.
Patient Voice South may change this policy by updating this page. You may therefore wish to review it from time-to-time.
When you visit the site (as a non-member), we may collect the following information:
• Anonymous information about your journey around the site, such as the pages visited and time spent on the site.
• This information will only be used to analyse and improve the usability of the site.
If you choose to join the network, we may collect the following information about you:
• Name, position, and the organisation where you work or volunteer (required information to join the network)
• Contact information including email address and telephone number (required information to join the network, but not shared)
• Demographic information such as the region you work/live in (required to join the network); and your interests relating to patient public participation and engagement issues (not-required)
Please note: Some of your membership profile will be visible to other members in ‘Find a Buddy’, unless you choose to make it private (go to Manage your Profile). This is indicated on the online registration form. However, your email or telephone number will never be visible to other members, and are only used by Patient Voice South for administrative purposes. Messages to other members can only be made via our secure online messaging system (Find a Buddy). The user is responsible for any personal information that they share with other members using the online messaging system, and it is outside our control what they recipient does with this information. The user is also responsible for any personal information they post in the network's forum, and accepts that such information can be seen by other members.
See also Terms of Membership.
What we do with the information we gather
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service.
• To provide an effective administration and smooth running of the network
• To inform members and non-members of useful information regarding patient and public participation, such as events and resources
• To enable like-minded professionals and lay-people (members) to connect and share information on patient and public paritcipation initiatives
• To improve the usability of site
We may send members the following information:
• A monthly newsletter (via email) about Patient Voice South work and interesting events/resources. Members can choose not to receive these emails in Manage your Profile.
• Infrequent emails about such events and resources outside of the monthly newsletters.
Please note: We only share our members’ details with NHS England’s Regional Patients and Information Team for the purposes of promoting the Patient Voice & Experience Regional Network Meetings. However, Network members can choose whether or not to share their profile with other members when they register on our site to use ‘Find a Buddy’ and the ‘Forum’. Otherwise, we are committed to ensuring that your information is secure.
In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
With the exception of NHS England’s Regional Patient Voice & Experience Team (with whom we share members’ basic information), we do not share your information with any third party, unless we are legally required to do so by an relevant legal duty or order of a court. Where possible individuals would be informed of such disclosure prior to it taking place.
If you have further queries, please contact us.